Full-Time Service Manager
Base Location: Eastbourne
Covering Location: East Sussex
Salary: Up to £30,000 with regular opportunities for paid overtime
Benefits: 28 days’ Annual Leave, rising to 33 days’ with length of service, Company Pension, Mileage Paid, Employee Discount Scheme, Accredited Training & Development Opportunities
Our vision is to make a positive and lasting difference to young people who have been in care and are moving towards independence. We provide young people with high quality accommodation/housing, as well as support them to move towards independent living and educational achievements.
We are delighted to have opened a new service in East Sussex for young people leaving care. The Service Manager will be supported by a Team Leader and as the on-site management team, they will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the service. The primary tasks will include managing and rostering a team of support workers whose role is to help young people move towards independence and achieve their dreams and aspirations. The Service Manager and Team Leader will be responsible for providing direct keywork support where necessary.
Due to recent COVID-19 developments please note that all interviews at this time will be arranged by Office Teams/telephone call and all successful appointments will be managed pragmatically in line with business and individual needs.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- To provide management including regular individual supervisions to the Team Leader and support work team
- To plan and lead shifts
- To provide keywork to a number of young people, so that they achieve their aspirations and are supported to become independent
- To support young people in accordance with their Individual Care Plan, Placement Agreement and Risk Assessment
- Identify priorities and ensure delivery of operational and financial targets in the company
- Providing a quality on call service where necessary and be willing to partake on a rota basis
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
- Diploma in Health & Social Care or equivalent qualification/be working towards it
- At least two years’ experience supporting vulnerable young people/adults in accommodation-based services
- At least one year’s experience managing and supporting staff
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with young people and colleagues
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle is required
LCS Partnerships is an Equal Opportunities employer. We have also been awarded Double Tick status by the Jobcentre plus. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies.
Please also note that on clicking “apply” you will receive a return email asking you to fill out our application form online, and it is a requirement for this to be completed before we can progress your application.