Base Location: Enfield / Home based
Benefits: Paid training with a view to obtaining a recognised qualification within Administration, 28 days’ Annual Leave + Bank Holidays, Pension Scheme
Leaving Care Solutions vision is to make a positive and lasting difference to young people who have been in care and are moving towards independence. We provide young people with accommodation/housing, as well as support them to move towards independent living and educational achievements.
Our Central Services function is currently seeking a motivated and organised Apprentice Administrator for an exciting and promising role within Administration for the company, sitting within the Central Team in Enfield, North London.
The team lead on vital functions such as Procurement, Property Management, shift allocation, and Office Management.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate strong Microsoft Office skills (to include intermediate use of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), as well a desire to learn new skills and develop their administration capability. It is important that the successful candidate is confident communicating to managers and colleagues across the company as well as to external suppliers, verbally and in writing.
Reporting to the Business Support Officer, the post is full-time with time to be agreed to complete the apprenticeship either at a local college, onsite or home based depending on availability at point of commencing the Apprenticeship.
The role is available to start as soon as possible for the right candidate, and we are considering this opportunity as ongoing home/office based due to current working conditions.
- Assist with LCS administration by providing comprehensive administrative support in a busy work environment
- Undertake a range of tasks and duties using a variety of office software
- Prepare and post outgoing Mail
- Manage office stationery orders to ensure an adequate supply of materials and consumables
- Manage the processing of credit cards and invoices if required.
- Support meeting and training co-ordination through arranging room bookings, refreshments and agendas as required
- Undertake travel bookings for Staff and Managers, as required.
- Attend and minute meetings as required
- The post holder will be expected to demonstrate that the Company’s Values are at the centre of all they do.
- The post holder will be expected to undertake training and development deemed necessary for the pursuance of the post.
- The post holder will be expected to reach a minimum basic standard of I.T. competence to be able to use Company electronic systems effectively.
- The post holder will be expected to ensure to comply with Equal Opportunities Policy and Procedure in all employment practices.
- The post holder will be expected to comply with the no smoking policy in place and ensure that Health and Safety is observed in the course of employment.
Due to recent COVID-19 developments please note that all interviews at this time will be arranged by Skype/telephone call and all successful appointments will be managed pragmatically in line with business and individual needs.
Please note that on clicking “apply” you will receive a return email asking you to fill out our application form online, and it is a requirement for this to be completed before we can progress your application.