Outcomes for Children (part of the Core Assets group) are looking to recruit care experienced Mentors on a casual basis in the Cheshire West & Chester area and in the North Wales area to offer direct support to young people in care.
• To support identified young people before, during and after their transition period to foster care in the most effective way, appropriate to their needs and understanding.
• To support transitioning young people in ensuring that barriers to success are dismantled / overcome.
• To have regular contact with the young person, including face-to-face and telephone contact.
• To assist the young person in identifying realistic personal goals and providing guidance to achieve them.
• To advocate on behalf of the young person as required and to enable / empower the young person to advocate for themselves.
• To empower young people to make informed decisions about their own lives through exploration.
• To ‘get alongside’ the young person: share experiences & learning, empathising, validating feelings and making connections.
• To be a positive role model for the young person.
• To inspire and encourage the young person to identify and work towards achieving their own aspirations and to appropriately provide positive affirmations.
• To facilitate and enable the young person to review and evaluate their own progress.
• Experienced in a care role
• To be a Looked after Child during childhood or have considerable related experiences
• Ability to work effectively within a team understanding roles and responsibilities within the setting(s) and an ability to work independently as required
• Ability to build effective working relationships with young people, carers and colleagues & other professionals
• Ability to adapt own approaches in order to meet the learning and emotional needs of our vulnerable or challenging young people
• Ability to engage and communicate with young people
• A proven track record in self-development and the development of others
- Qualification in Mentoring, counselling, IAG or equivalent of Level 2 or above
- Driving licence and access to a car to use for work purposes
This is a casual position on an ‘as and when’ basis with an hourly rate of £8.21 + mileage allowance.
Outcomes for Children is an Equal Opportunities employer. We have also been awarded Disability Confident Employer status by the Jobcentre plus. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies.
Please also note that on clicking “apply” you will receive a return email asking you to fill out our application form online, and it is a requirement for this to be completed before we can progress your application.