ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT MAKING A POSITIVE AND LASTING DIFFERENCE TO CHILDREN AND THEIR FAMILIES?
Foster Care Associates (part of the Core Assets Group) are looking for a Participation Officer to join the team in the Thames Valley, the role is homebased with access to the local office in Tring.
The main purpose of this role is to develop, though a range of activities and projects, improved participation of foster children, their foster carers and birth children with the Agency with the overall aim of improving services offered and outcomes for children, and by making available life enhancing opportunities for foster children. The role will also involve providing direct support to children and young people.
This is proving to be a really exciting project, supporting children to contribute to practice learning for carers and social workers, as well as furthering life skills through opportunities such as the Duke of Edinburgh scheme, cultural exchanges and volunteering in the local community.
- Establish strong consultation systems with foster children, foster carers and their birth children, through a programme of activities, events, and other creative mechanisms – ensuring their voices are heard and actions implemented and outcomes monitored through the Regional Service Improvement plan.
- To be the lead person for regional and Area Team activities, coordinating support from the respective teams as required.
- To provide information across the Region with regard to Out of School activities, clubs and societies, particularly during school holidays, that children of all ages can access.
- To support Foster children to influence the development of services and Regional practice that can affect them directly, such as the recruitment of staff and foster carers.
- To support older children apply for national or international life enhancing opportunities, such National Citizens service (NCS), Overseas Volunteer Projects or Cultural Exchange programmes.
- Provide a service which values and respects the differing cultures and ethnic backgrounds of families and children.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A sound knowledge of Child Safeguarding & Protection Procedures
- Previous experience of working directly with children/young people in the care system or other relevant field
- Experience of working with children with challenging behaviour in an effective and appropriate way
- Willingness to work flexibly which may include some weekend or after hours on occasion.
- Full driving licence
- Applicants with looked after experience would be highly desirable
This is a full time, permanent time position with a salary of up to £22,000 per annum +company car +excellent benefits which includes generous holiday allowance starting at 28 days and rising to 35 days per annum in line with service plus bank holidays and contributory pension scheme. Plus we always look to develop our employee’s potential so there's plenty of scope to further your career too.
Due to recent COVID-19 developments please note that all interviews at this time will be arranged by Skype/telephone call and all successful appointments will be managed pragmatically in line with business and individual needs.
Foster Care Associates is committed to equality in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunities employer. We have also been awarded Disability Confident Employer status by the Jobcentre plus.We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position.
Please note that on clicking “apply” you will receive a return email asking you to fill out our application form online, and it is a requirement for this to be completed before we can progress your application.