ARE YOU AN EXPERIENCED THERAPIST/COUNSELLOR?
Core Assets Children’s Services are looking for a Therapist/Counsellor who can provide therapeutic interventions guidance and training to young people and their families in accordance with your training and accreditation and within the specific project or service aims.
- Difficulties to enable positive family bonds to be formed. It will be important to build resilience within families so they are able to proactively work together to solve issues that arise.
- Work with individual family members and the whole family to address issues that have led to the family requiring crisis intervention.
- To hold a caseload of up to 12 cases for on-going therapeutic intervention but also respond to families in crisis as and when directed by the Intensive Outreach Team Manager.
- Work within internal and nationally recognised clinical governance frameworks to ensure that all families receive a safe, high quality, consistent service.
- Work within an integrated multi-disciplinary team, including participating in Team Around the Family meetings, LAC, CP and CIN Meetings and disruption meetings to plan and facilitate a comprehensive support package that will meet the family and young person’s needs holistically and produce reports within the specified timescales.
- Provide therapeutic support to enable families and young people to achieve positive, sustainable behaviour change.
- To hold a recognised relevant therapy qualification or certificate in relevant therapeutic training
- Be registered and accredited with a recognised accrediting therapy body
- Effective collaboration with professionals in health, education and Social Services
- To have carried out assessments
- Experience of report writing
- Sound working knowledge of attachment theory
- A preliminary knowledge of child protection procedures
- Understanding of therapeutic techniques (e.g. BSFT, CBT) used to facilitate positive behaviour change
This is a full time, fixed term contract until 31/03/2021 and is based from our office in Brentwood, but with an expectation to work predominantly across Essex. It comes with an attractive salary of up to £26,000 Per Annum dependent on experience + excellent benefits.
Core Assets Children’s Services is an Equal Opportunities employer. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies.
Please also note that on clicking “apply” you will receive a return email asking you to fill out our application form online, and it is a requirement for this to be completed before we can progress your application.