BASED IN EAST SUSSEX AREA
PART TIME (32 HOURS) & PERMANENT
SALARY: Up to £24,000 PRO RATA DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE, with regular opportunities for paid overtime
Our vision is to make a positive and lasting difference to young people who have been in care and are moving towards independence. We provide young people with accommodation/housing, as well as support them to move towards independent living and educational achievements.
We are delighted to be opening a new service in East Sussex for young people leaving care. You will support the Service Manager and together will be the on-site management team responsible for the day-to-day running of the service. The primary tasks will include managing and rostering a team of support workers whose role is to help young people move towards independence and achieve their dreams and aspirations. The Service Manager and Team Leader will also be responsible for providing direct keywork support to five young people each.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- To provide management including regular individual supervisions to the support work team
- To plan and lead shifts
- To provide keywork to a number of young people, so that they achieve their aspirations and are supported to become independent
- To support young people in accordance with their Individual Care Plan, Placement Agreement and Risk Assessment
- To write, assess and review the quality of Individual Care Plans and Risk Assessments
- To represent the service positively to a variety of young people, their families and partner agencies
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
- Diploma in Health & Social Care or equivalent qualification/be working towards it
- At least one years’ experience supporting vulnerable young people/adults in accommodation-based services
- At least six months’ experience managing and supporting staff
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with young people and colleagues
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle is required
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Salary up to £24,000 pro rata plus benefits
- On-the-Job Accredited Training
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 28 days and rising to 33 days per year (inc bank holidays)
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Regular Supervisions
- Contributory pension scheme
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday 19th November INTERVIEW DATE: Friday 22nd November 2019
LCS Partnerships is an Equal Opportunities employer. We have been awarded Disability Confident Employer status by the Jobcentre plus. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies.
Please also note that on clicking “apply” you will receive a return email asking you to fill out our application form online, and it is a requirement for this to be completed before we can progress your application.