BASED IN EAST SUSSEX AREA
FULL TIME & PERMANENT
SALARY: Up to £30,000 PER ANNUM DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE, with regular opportunities for paid overtime
Our vision is to make a positive and lasting difference to young people who have been in care and are moving towards independence. We provide young people with accommodation/housing, as well as support them to move towards independent living and educational achievements.
We are delighted to be opening a new service in East Sussex for young people leaving care. The Service Manager will be supported by a Team Leader and as the on-site management team, they will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the service. The primary tasks will include managing and rostering a team of support workers whose role is to help young people move towards independence and achieve their dreams and aspirations. The Service Manager and Team Leader will also be responsible for providing direct keywork support to five young people each.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- To provide management including regular individual supervisions to the Team Leader and support work team
- To plan and lead shifts
- To provide keywork to a number of young people, so that they achieve their aspirations and are supported to become independent
- To support young people in accordance with their Individual Care Plan, Placement Agreement and Risk Assessment
- Identify priorities and ensure delivery of operational and financial targets in the company
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
- Diploma in Health & Social Care or equivalent qualification/be working towards it
- At least two years’ experience supporting vulnerable young people/adults in accommodation-based services
- At least one year’s experience managing and supporting staff
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with young people and colleagues
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle is required
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Salary up to £30,000 per annum
- On-the-Job Accredited Training
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 28 days and rising to 33 days per year (including bank holidays)
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Regular Supervisions
- Contributory pension scheme
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday 19th November 2019 INTERVIEW DATE: Friday 22nd November 2019
LCS Partnerships is an Equal Opportunities employer. We have been awarded Disability Confident Employer status by the Jobcentre plus. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies.
Please also note that on clicking “apply” you will receive a return email asking you to fill out our application form online, and it is a requirement for this to be completed before we can progress your application.