Supervising Social Worker
ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT MAKING A POSITIVE AND LASTING DIFFERENCE TO LOOKED AFTER CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE?
ARE YOU AN ENTHUSIASTIC SOCIAL WORKER OR NEWLY QUALIFIED SOCIAL WORKER LOOKING FOR A NEW CHALLENGE?
Foster Care Associates are looking for a enthusiastic and committed Supervising Social Worker to join their fostering teams in the Midlands region. This is an excellent opportunity to further develop your skills within fostering and be part of a highly supportive environment where the focus is on delivering high quality support to carers and working together to make a positive and lasting difference to children and young people.
You may be an experienced Social Worker or a new Social Worker looking for a development opportunity, as long as you have excellent organisational skills, are able to meet deadlines, have excellent communications skills and the ability to analyse situations accurately as well as a passion for fostering then this is the ideal role for you.
You will need to be:
- Qualified Social Worker and hold a current HCPC registration.
- Recent experience in fostering and services for children.
- Possess a good working knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and procedures in relation to fostering and safeguarding.
- Enthusiastic and a committed self-starter with the ability to work independently but also skilled in keeping in touch with team members and carers
- Have the drive and determination to recruit Foster Carers to develop carer growth plans.
- Have excellent assessment skills and be a strong communicator, both written and verbal with good IT skills and be able to produce a high standard of report writing.
In return we offer:
- Full time, Permanent role which comes with an attractive salary of up to £31,000 per annum dependent on experience + company car/car allowance
- The role is home based with travel required around North West Midlands including Staffordshire and Stoke and Shropshire and occasional travel to the Bromsgrove regional office
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 28 days and rising to 35 days per annum in line with service plus bank holidays
- Opportunities to work flexibly for a positive work life balance including homeworking.
- A commitment to manageable caseloads.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- We always look to develop our employee’s potential so there's plenty of scope to further your career too.
Foster Care Associates is committed to equality in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunities employer. We have also been awarded Disability Confident employer status by the Jobcentre plus.We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position.
Please note that on clicking “apply” you will receive a return email asking you to fill out our application form online, and it is a requirement for this to be completed before we can progress your application.