ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT MAKING A POSITIVE AND LASTING DIFFERENCE TO CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE?
LCS are looking for committed and enthusiastic Support Workers in East Sussex, with regular opportunities for paid overtime. You will work on a rota basis which includes evening, weekends & sleep-in duties.
£9.50 per hour, 35 hours per week
Our vision is to make a positive and lasting difference to young people who have been in care and are moving towards independence. We provide young people with accommodation/housing, as well as support them to move towards independent living, becoming a happy and confident adult, and realising their dreams and aspirations.
As a Support Worker your role involves engaging, motivating and encouraging young people placed in their individual flat or shared house.
Young people supported by LCS Partnerships are vulnerable and you are responsible for ensuring that the home in which you are working provides a safe, welcoming and healthy environment for the young person living there.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Offer practical support and guidance to young people in line with their individual care plan to enable them to develop skills needed to live independently
- Maintain positive working relationships with young people, staff and professionals by communicating effectively at all times
- Support a young person in Education, Employment and Training, including supporting them to achieve an accredited learning qualification
- Maintain appropriate links in the community – e.g. educational settings, sport centre, youth clubs.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
- Experience of supporting young people who may be vulnerable.
- Flexibility in their availability as the roles involve shift work – sleep-in nights, evenings and weekends
- Diploma in Health & Social Care (or be working towards)
- Be willing to travel so a full driving licence and access to a vehicle is required
WHAT WE OFFER:
- · On-the-Job Accredited Training
- · Competitive hourly rate
- · Regular Supervisions