ARE YOU PASSIONATE, WITH A ‘CAN DO’ ATTITUDE? DO YOU HAVE A COMMITMENT TO PROVIDING EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE WHILST REMAINING CALM UNDER PRESSURE?
Foster Care Associates is an award winning Independent Fostering Agency and we are looking to recruit a Placements Officer to join our team in Plymouth. Full time, Permanent post which comes with an attractive salary of up to £18,500 per annum dependent on experience.
Closing date 24 July. Interviews 01 August.
As a Placements Officer, your main responsibility will be to match children and young people with foster carers whilst complying with fostering regulations and procedures. To do this you will liaise with FCA social workers and Local authority social workers. There is also the opportunity to engage in Foster Carer support groups and a range of activities for children and carers across the region. FCA South Western covers from Cornwall, all the way to Wiltshire. If successful in the role, the expectation of the placement officer will be to travel throughout the region. We’re looking for a passionate, creative individual who will hit the ground running, taking the opportunity to build & maintain relationships with Foster Carers and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be dealing with information of a sensitive nature, so will need to be resilient while maintaining an empathetic approach. FCA South Western is a great agency to work for with a fantastic team spirit and supportive culture; come and be part of it and make a real difference to a child’s life.
- Developing and maintaining business relationships with Local Authorities and Social Workers
- Receive, process and match referrals from our customers (Local Authorities)
- Ensuring Placement Contracts are produced accurately and renewed where appropriate
- Updating databases and providing reports for management and teams
- Producing and sending out notification letters to young people, Local Authorities and foster carers
- Financial duties are a significant part of this role, as is offering packages of care to Local Authorities in connection to referrals of young people, and inputting of carer expenses.
- Participation involvement across the region, which will require travel.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in a sales/marketing/business development role in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Knowledge of IT and electronic communications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook email
- The ability to work under pressure and handle changing priorities
- A professional, positive and helpful outlook and the ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service
- Confidence in professionally challenging & questioning decision-making and processes.