Foster Care Associates are looking for a Therapist to join their North West team serving the North of the region – Cumbria & North Lancashire. It comes with an attractive salary upto £30,000 per annum dependent on experience + car + benefits.
For more details on this role please click on the job title above.
Foster Care Associates are looking for a Therapist to deliver high quality therapy services and to facilitate and enable a therapeutic environment and culture for looked after children and young people placed with our foster carers.
Within the Region we are an extremely supportive group of professionals, totally committed to supporting children achieve the very best outcomes, all working together to achieve that one aim.
- To arrange and deliver training throughout the Region to foster carers in order to develop their understanding of what it means to be therapeutic foster carers.
- To undertake consultations throughout the Region with carers who need help and support with particular difficulties in placement and in relation to children whose placements are at risk of breakdown.
- To convene and facilitate Team Parenting Meetings throughout the Region by bringing together the carers and those professionals who are involved in the young person’s life in order to carefully think through complex issues facing the young person, and the system around them.
- To attend and participate in Peer Supervision sessions, Supervision with your line manager, and Clinical Supervision.
- To take an active role in the dynamic and creative Therapy service, already established in the Northwest
- To hold a recognised relevant therapy qualification
- Be registered and accredited with a recognised accrediting therapy body
- Must possess a full driving licence
- Experience of working with looked after children and young people both short and longer term
- Good knowledge of Attachment & Developmental Trauma
- A preliminary knowledge of child protection procedures
- Ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with young people and adults