ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT MAKING A POSITIVTE AND LASTING DIFFERENCE TO CHILDREN AND FAMILIES?
LCS Partnerships are looking for Outreach/Support Workers to work on a casual as and when basis in the Reading, Slough, East London and Hertfordshire area. Your role as an Outreach Worker is to assess, monitor and support young people who have been referred to LCS Partnerships. You will be allocated a number of young people to support and must work to the referral form, pathway plan, risk assessment and other assessments to effectively support young people to move towards independence and educational achievement.
ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT MAKING A POSITIVE AND LASTING DIFFERENCE TO CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE?
LCS are looking for committed and enthusiastic Support Workers to work on an “as and when” basis in Reading, Slough, East London and Hertfordshire.
Our vision is to make a positive and lasting difference to young people who have been in care and are moving towards independence. We provide young people with accommodation/housing, as well as support them to move towards independent living and educational achievements.
As a Support Worker your role involves engaging, motivating and encouraging young people placed in their individual flat or shared house.
Young people supported by LCS Partnerships are vulnerable and you are responsible for ensuring that the home in which you are working provides a safe, welcoming and healthy environment for the young person living there.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Offer practical support and guidance to young people in line with their individual care plan to enable them to develop skills needed to live independently and to achieve in their education
- Maintain positive working relationships with young people, staff and professionals by communicating effectively at all times.
- Support a young person in Education, Employment and Training, who is working towards an accredited learning qualification, by evidencing work completed and submitting this to the relevant instructor.
- Maintain appropriate links in the community – e.g., educational provisions, sport centre, youth clubs.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
- Experience of supporting young people who may be vulnerable.
- Flexibility in their availability as the roles involve shift work – sleep-in nights, evenings and weekends
- NVQ 2 Health & Social Care (desirable)
- Be willing to travel so a full driving licence and access to a vehicle is required
WHAT WE OFFER:
- On-the-Job Accredited Training
- Competitive hourly rate
- Regular Supervisions
LCS Partnerships is an Equal Opportunities employer. We have also been awarded Double Tick status by the Jobcentre plus. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies.
Please also note that on clicking “apply” you will receive a return email asking you to fill out our application form online, and it is a requirement for this to be completed before we can progress your application.