Children & Young Peoples Support Worker
Foster Care Associates are looking for a Children and Young Peoples Support Worker to join its team in Bromsgrove. This is a full time, fixed term contract for 12 months with a salary upto £18k per annum + car + benefits.
For more details on this role please click on the job title above.
Foster Care Associates – part of the Core Assets group is looking for a Children & Young People Support Worker to join its team in Bromsgrove to provide comprehensive and flexible support to foster carers and children as required.
YOUR DUTIES WILL INCLUDE
- Support children and young people through leisure/educational activities and other activities as agreed and risk assessed.
- Ensure that all requirements of fostering regulations, national minimum standards and children’s act are being met.
- Actively encourage and develop each child’s social, physical, intellectually, and religious needs, or special needs that they may have
- Supervise contact with family members which may entail participating in activities both within and outside the agency premises.
- Where appropriate, to transport children/young people to therapy sessions, contact, activity holidays or for educational assistance when the carers are unable to do so.
- Provide a service which values and respects the differing cultures and ethnic backgrounds of families and children.
- Be able to support children with disabilities i.e. personal care
- Be able to work as part of a large and complex team around a child
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working directly with children/young people in the care system or other relevant field
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge and the application of Child Safeguarding Procedures.
- Demonstrate experience of working with children with challenging behaviour in an effective and appropriate way
- Must possess a full driving licence
- Willingness to work flexibly as evenings and weekend hours will be required.