Casual Resource Worker
CASUAL RESOURCE WORKER NEEDED IN THE DERRY REGION.
Are you passionate about making a positive and lasting difference to children and families?
People with at least 1 years’ experience of working directly with children and young people presenting with complex behavioural issues. A knowledge and experience of working with children diagnosed with autism.
• Support young people aged 0-18 on an individual and group basis through a variety of activities and events
• Carry out personal care tasks for disabled children and/or young people
• Transport children and young people to sport and leisure activities in the community
Closing date 8th January. Interviews w/c 15th January.
Please click on the job title above for more details.
- Flexible hours – these positions are on a casual ‘as and when’ basis..
- A competitive hourly rate of £8.12
- Mileage allowance
- On the job training
- Regular supervision
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE
- An understanding of the safeguarding of children
- At least 1 years’ experience working with children and or young people
- A full driving licence and transport as travel will be required
We especially need people who can commit to working flexible hours during the day, evenings and weekends.
Ability to work with children who have complex health needs; for example a diagnosis of autism and no verbal communication along with a diagnosis of epilepsy with absent seizures. Specific medical training will be provided for anyone successful in post therefore medical experience not required.