Casual Education Support Workers
Foster Care Associates are looking for enthusiastic and motivated Education Support Workers to join their teams across the South East area in Chandlers Ford, Isle Of Wight, Worthing, Sutton and Faversham. You will provide a comprehensive and flexible support to foster carers, children/ young people and their families as required on a casual basis.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE JOB TITLE ABOVE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS ROLE.
YOUR ROLE WILL BE TO:
- To assist in organising educational placements of young people by assisting Social Workers liaising with the relevant professional bodies, and maintain regular contact with all schools and carers as appropriate.
- To notify the relevant LEAs of young people’s placements as they move into and out of the area.
- To compile and maintain educational records within the young person’s file.
- To ensure that those young people with a Statement of Special Educational Needs are having their needs met, that reviews are being held annually and, where appropriate, the LEA have adopted the Statement.
- To liaise with social work staff regarding the current educational progress of the young person.
-To monitor and support educational attainment through oversight of school reports, exam results and other achievements.
-To regularly monitor all educational placements and attend/advise those reviews and meetings that require additional educational input.
- An empathy and insight into the potential educational difficulties faced by Looked After Children
- A commitment to improving the educational opportunities for Looked After Children
- A sound knowledge of child protection procedures and the code of practice
- A full driving licence
This is a casual as and when required role with a salary of £8.12 per hour + mileage costs. This is an exciting role to help and support young people. If you think you have the skills and experience to succeed in this challenging but rewarding role, apply now!