Supervising Social Worker
Fostering People are looking to recruit a Supervising Social Worker to join the team. This is a home-based position covering the North West on a full time, fixed term basis till February 2018 with a salary of up to £30,000 pro rata per annum + benefits.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 26th July with interviews to be held on Wednesday 2nd August.
Fostering People are an innovative developing provider with an outstanding inspection rating. We have a reputation for providing exceptional support, to our children, foster carers and to our dedicated staff team. Established in 2000, our reputation and positive approach has enabled us to achieve growth in the fostering sector.
We are currently looking to recruit a Supervising Social Worker for our friendly and dynamic team, to work with foster carers in the North West area. As an innovative agency we are seeking applicants that share our creative vision, whether you’re new to fostering or an experienced supervising social worker.
- Providing support and supervision to foster carers
- Attending meetings to support foster carers, children and young people
- Contributing to foster carer annual reviews, providing written evidence of competence
- Attending social, educational and leisure activities relating to the support of children, young people and foster carers
- Participating in the Out of Hours duty system
- Hold a Social Work qualification as recognised by the HCPC or equivalent body
- An enthusiastic and committed self-starter who will be able to work independently but be skilled in keeping in touch with team members and carers
- A social worker with high aspirations for young people and their carers
- A proven ability to produce a high standard of report writing
- A good working knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and procedures in relation to fostering and Safeguarding
- To be able to evidence an understanding and practical application of the use of IT and electronic communications, including the use of Microsoft Office
- A full driving licence
For an informal conversation about this post please contact John Platt, Registered Manager or Christianne Sammut, Team Manager on 0115 9455445