IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager
Key Assets the Children’s Services Provider Ltd (part of the Core Assets Group Ltd) - Bromsgrove
Full time & Permanent position
Salary £30,000 - £40,000 pa dependent on experience + car
Are you a performing artist who has worked with children and young people?
Key Assets the Children’s Services Provider Ltd (part of the Core Assets Group Ltd) are looking for an IT project Manager with a dual skill set in IT and performance arts. You will develop a mobile phone application/s and other software applications as required in conjunction with the project team in order to gain views of various stakeholders e.g. staff, foster carers and young people in order to improve their experience. Plus develop appropriate forums for children and young people to support their creative development including music, IT, 3D design, business skills and dance.
Duties will include:
IT Project Management & Development
Work with the project team to:
- establish a detailed program specification
- clarify what actions the program is intended to perform
- break down program specification into its simplest elements and translate this logic into a programming language
- determine the architecture, deliverables, and resource requirements of mobile phone applications
- provide hands-on input into mobile phone application configuration, development and implementation
- devise possible solutions to anticipated problems
- work as part of a team, which may be established purely for a particular project to write a specific section of the program
- work with project managers, graphics designers and key business representatives to devise, develop and deliver best-fit solutions to meet business requirements
- combine all elements of the program design and test it
- test sample data-sets to check that output from the program works as intended
- conduct, test and install the program into production
- react to problems and correct the program as necessary
- evaluate and increase the program's effectiveness
- adapt the program to new requirements, as necessary
- conduct user-acceptance testing to ensure the program can be used easily, quickly and accurately
- write detailed documentation for the operation of the program by users and computer operators
- update, repair,modify and develop existing software and generic applications
- Consult manuals, periodicals and technical reports to learn new ways to develop programs and maintain existing skills and knowledge
- Participate in the development, adoption and evolution of strategies for the use of mobile phone applications and related technologies within the group
- Maintain a good awareness of business and technical developments in the marketplace and to be aware of innovative usage of mobile phone applications in comparable organisations, in order to identify opportunities that may be to the groups advantage
- Liaise with colleagues to monitor and advise on the appropriateness and delivery of mobile phone applications and to identify new requirements or opportunities for improvements
- Develop and manage forums / spaces for children and young people to develop their potential. This could include the use of music, IT, design, business and dance
- Develop learning for children and young people to enhance their creative abilities
- Ensure projects are planned and executed in line with a project management approach
- Ensure deliverables meet required quality standards
- Ensure adequate levels of documentation are produced as part of the technical solution.
- Develop and maintain a Communications Plan and keep the business communities appraised of project plans and related implications.
- Production of progress and other management reports.
- Ensure business benefits can be realised or that risks inhibiting realisation are highlighted.
Business Development & Marketing
- Develop marketing and business development plans
- Present and sell new innovations to customers to enhance the customer base
- Implement targeted marketing campaigns, working effectively with the appointed media agency
- Identify opportunities to implement applications to meet customer needs
- Build,manage and maintain a portfolio of customers
- Identify key customers based on market knowledge and undertake a role in business planning
- Undertake research activities, primary and secondary, to keep abreast of changing market and external trends, competitor analysis etc.
- Degree level or equivalent in Performing Arts / Equivalent
- Degree level or equivalent in a numerical, technical or scientific discipline
- Business Management / Project Management qualification
- Experience in developing mobile phone and other software applications.
- Use and configuration of databases and software package applications
- Experience of reporting / KPIs
- Able to demonstrate previous financial management responsibilities
- Advanced level of IT skills
- Microsoft office
- Project Management and research skills
- A good working knowledge of designing and implementing effective systems and processes
- Possess strong leadership skills, be able to motivate and influence others
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, have excellent judgment and be able to work in a changing environment
- Be able to demonstrate effective communication in writing, listening, influencing and negotiating
- Self-starter with the ability to work with a degree of autonomy, in a creative manner, within Company policies
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Reliability, flexibility and dependability
- Ability to create a positive working environment where people have the opportunity to reach their potential
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure and handle changing priorities
Closing date for applications is 5th August.
Key Assets the Children’s Services Provider Ltd (part of the Core Assets Group Ltd) is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds. We have also been awarded Double Tick status by the Jobcentre plus.
The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position
We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification.
Please be aware we do not work with Recruitment Agencies.