Foster Care Associates are looking to recruit a Therapist to join the team in Wendover. This is a part time (17.5 hours) permanent position with a salary of up to £30,000 pro rata per annum + benefits.
- To contribute to the maintenance of a strong UK wide therapy service profile where quality and clinical governance is key
- To attend national meetings of the Therapy Service;
- To contribute to the training of carers and staff;
- To offer individual therapy sessions to young people where this will contribute to carer confidence and placement stability. Such sessions will usually be charged additionally to placing authorities;
- To offer consultation sessions to those carers who need help when they are working with particular difficulties in the placements;
- To run other sessions/groups for more experienced carers, where specific issues can be explored in more detail; for example attachment and therapeutic parenting groups; working with teenagers with challenging behaviour etc.
- Working within an integrated multidisciplinary team to organise and facilitate Team Parenting Meetings by bringing together the carers and those professionals who are involved in the young person’s life in order to carefully think through complex issues facing the care system and the young person.
- To hold a recognised relevant therapy qualification
- Be registered and accredited with a recognised accrediting therapy body
- Must possess a full driving licence
- Experience of working with looked after children and young people both short and longer term
- To have carried out assessments
- Experience of report writing
- A preliminary knowledge of child protection procedures
- Ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with young people and adults
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team