Outcomes for Children (part of the Core Assets Group) are looking to recruit Casual Mentors in the Chester & Cheshire West area on an 'as and when' basis. The hourly rate for this role is £8.12 + mileage allowance.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS ROLE PLEASE CLICK ON THE JOB TITLE ABOVE
- To support identified young people before, during and after their transition period to foster care in the most effective way, appropriate to their needs and understanding.
- To support transitioning young people in ensuring that barriers to success are dismantled / overcome.
- To have regular contact with the young person, including face-to-face and telephone contact
- To assist the young person in identifying realistic personal goals and providing guidance to achieve them.
- To advocate on behalf of the young person as required and to enable / empower the young person to advocate for themselves.
- To empower young people to make informed decisions about their own lives through exploration.
- To ‘get alongside’ the young person: share experiences & learning, empathising, validating feelings and making connections.
- To be a positive role model for the young person.
- To inspire and encourage the young person to identify and work towards achieving their own aspirations and to appropriately provide positive affirmations.
-To facilitate and enable the young person to review and evaluate their own progress
- Qualification in Mentoring, counselling, IAG or equivalent of Level 2 or above
- Experienced in a care role
- To be a Looked after Child during childhood
- Ability to work effectively within a team understanding roles and responsibilities within the setting(s) and an ability to work independently as required
- Ability to build effective working relationships with young people, carers and colleagues & other professionals
- Ability to adapt own approaches in order to meet the learning and emotional needs of our vulnerable or challenging young people
- Ability to engage and communicate with young people
- A proven track record in self-development and the development of others
This is a casual position on an ‘as and when’ basis with an hourly rate of £8.12 + mileage allowance.