Outcomes for Children (part of the Core Assets Group) are looking to recruit Casual Mentors across the UK on an 'as and when' basis. The hourly rate for this role is £8.12 + mileage allowance.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS ROLE PLEASE CLICK ON THE JOB TITLE ABOVE
- To support identified young people before, during and after their transition period to foster care in the most effective way, appropriate to their needs and understanding.
- To support transitioning young people in ensuring that barriers to success are dismantled / overcome.
- To have regular contact with the young person, including face-to-face and telephone contact
- To assist the young person in identifying realistic personal goals and providing guidance to achieve them.
- To advocate on behalf of the young person as required and to enable / empower the young person to advocate for themselves.
- To empower young people to make informed decisions about their own lives through exploration.
- To ‘get alongside’ the young person: share experiences & learning, empathising, validating feelings and making connections.
- To be a positive role model for the young person.
- To inspire and encourage the young person to identify and work towards achieving their own aspirations and to appropriately provide positive affirmations.
-To facilitate and enable the young person to review and evaluate their own progress
- Qualification in Mentoring, counselling, IAG or equivalent of Level 2 or above
- Experienced in a care role
- To be a Looked after Child during childhood
- Ability to work effectively within a team understanding roles and responsibilities within the setting(s) and an ability to work independently as required
- Ability to build effective working relationships with young people, carers and colleagues & other professionals
- Ability to adapt own approaches in order to meet the learning and emotional needs of our vulnerable or challenging young people
- Ability to engage and communicate with young people
- A proven track record in self-development and the development of others
This is a casual position on an ‘as and when’ basis with an hourly rate of £8.12 + mileage allowance.